YSL Beauty is acting to raise awareness among young people to see the signs of abuse in relationships.
Whether it’s physical, sexual, psychological, or financial, ABUSE IS ABUSE. Intimate Partner Violence can come with warning signs. And if we’re all aware of those signs, it’s still possible to act and stop it.
Here are the 9 key warning signs of abuse in a relationship:
- IGNORING you on days they are angry
- BLACKMAILING you if you refuse to do something
- HUMILIATION putting you down
- MANIPULATION to coerce you into doing or saying something
- JEALOUSY over everything you do
- CONTROL over where you go and how you look
- INTRUSION going through your phone or tracking your location
- ISOLATION cutting you off from friends and family
- INTIMIDATION calling you crazy and instilling fear
If these signs can be detected earlier, we may be able to recognize it better and seek or offer help.